Monday, January 07, 2008

Fresh Perspective

Wow! It has certainly been a long time since I posted! A lot has gone on though in my life. Let's see... I was dating someone and now I'm not. I had a super hectic schedule and now I'm in the midst of the "calm before the storm" but what is most amazing to me is this... Almost 2 years ago I started this blog to track my time through grad school and come this May that season in my life will end.

I suffered a lot in 2007 and I am so very happy that it is gone. I thank God for getting me through it. So many people I told that I was struggling, yet it seemed that they didn't believe me... well... the struggle is over. I have a renewed outlook... made a little stronger from experiences just past... What have I learned? That no matter how much I want to get in the driver's seat in my life and take over, I can not do a better job at navigating my life than God, my Father. I attempted to do my own thang and not consult God about it and all it did was blow up in my face. Yet, even in that I can honestly say that I don't even want to have something that God does not intend for me to have. Why? Because he knows how that thing is going to affect me down the line where I can't see... but He can... and He loves me... so why not just let go... seriously let go... and trust Him. That is what I have learned. I want to be married and I want a family... but I don't want to sacrifice my relationship with God for people and things. The blessings of God maketh rich and adds no sorrow. I need to keep that in my head... because the things that I have gone after.. brought me sorrow... that was me... not God... but me. And finally, as Mary J. Blige sings... I call it a 'Lesson Learned'...

So, it is a new year, and I have gaind a fresh perspective, I'm going to follow Phillippians 3:13-14. I'm going to forget those things which are behind and press toward the mark of high calling which is in Christ Jesus. So my motto for this year is '2008 will be great'