Sunday, November 11, 2007

Come To Me...

My Father... I typed those words and was stuck... stuck because... when I think about my Heavenly Father... and all that I mean to Him... it leaves me in awe... simply stuck.

I'd been doing some running from my Father... Had a bit of an attitude and it was with audaciousness that I refused to go to my Father and consult Him regarding one of the hugest areas of my life... Yet... as a loving Father He watched me and protected me, never far from me, as I sought about ... running from Him... This weekend... my Father came to me.

I know the scripture that says "draw nigh to me and I'll draw night to you..." but... or rather so... I was really shocked because I wasn't looking for Him to come to me... but I'm learning more about my Father's character right now... and He loved me first anyway... he drew near to me first anyway. As if He hadn't already demonstrated His love towards me... this day... I have never felt more loved. Now that He has come to me... I know that I need to do my part... honestly communicate with Him... even though He knows all... I know that I need to tell Him what and how I'm feeling... Just like a parent knows when their children are mad, sad, angry confused... so does our Father... except unlike our parents... he knows the beginning, the middle and the end of our pain... and He is the cure to what ails me.

No comments: