Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Just Mad

You know... I haven't updated in a long while... in part because though life is happening and I'm having fun. I'm overwhelmed because life is happening. I have papers to do and due and I'm tired and can't seem to soak up enough rest... but what lead me to post tonight is the anger I feel. I am DARN angry and there isn't much I can do about it... but be angry.

I was watching the video of Michael "Kramer" Richards and I am SO mad! Disappointment is an understatement but what pisses me off is the fact that during his "apology" that I have a hard time buying was his excuse that "he was being heckled..." excuse me!!! It brings to mind a comment my cousin made about what people say when you aren't in the room. It's sad and I don't know why I'm even typing how I feel here but I am... and I'm aggravated and I want to slam my foot in his face. But worse is the underlying... the fact that he says he's not a racist... how many people think they aren't racists... Do people have to get really upset at someone of a different ethnicity to test their "racistability?" Its amazingly sad... that's what I think I feel more than the anger, more than the hurt... simply sad. And I'm a Christian, I'm supposed to forgive and yet even though he wasn't talking to me... he was... and it hurts and it makes me mad. So very very mad. Madder still that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Madder still that this will further divide all that I try to bring together because the argument will be "just keep living"... one famous fool has done a lot of damage.

Racism is alive and well and I never for one moment thought that it died. But when when one fool acts a fool then another fool thinks its okay for them to be a fool or retaliate... when what we really REALLY need to do is remember the golden rule. It sounds contrite but I don't mean it to be. I could get mad and assume that all people everywhere are racist but what will that profit me? Absolutely nothing because what I happen to know for a fact is that everyone is not a racist. There may be some white racists, black racists, latino racists, asian racists but the fact of the matter is when we become Christians we take off well we're supposed to the old man and put on the new. That new man can't be a racist, period. Why? Because our Lord and Savior isn't a racist. Instead of getting our cues from sinners that are lost and being manipulated by the enemy why don't we stand firm even now and show everyone we know what being a Christian really means... even if for me it means letting go of the anger, forgiving that man and his hateful, abhorrent words, and praying for him. Praying that God will help him. Praying that the same Savior who cleaned me up will do the same for him.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

No comments: